Bay Oaks offers a wide variety of activities tailored to the desires of residents, who may choose whether to participate, and are encouraged to suggest others. Current activities include:
- Birthday Celebrations: Special cakes, as selected by the resident, are served at a community celebration. Friends and family are encouraged to join the party to make the occasion even more special.
- Shopping Trips: Transportation is provided monthly to local shops. Trips are chaperoned by staff.
- Bingo: Games are offered 3 times a week. A Dominoes group also plays every evening after dinner.
- Yoga: Classes are offered twice weekly. Chair Dancing: Classes are offered twice weekly.
- Billiards Club meets once a week for skills coaching.
- Art: Residents are welcome to explore their creative and crafty sides each week.
- Friday Happy Hour: Prosecco and non-alcholic bubbles are served to the tunes of a live pianist.
- Religious Services: We welcome all religious denominations. Services are held on site by several churches, and we happily assist residents who wish to make other arrangements.
- Friends of Bay Oaks: School groups and charitable organizations often visit to interact with residents, providing concerts, reading groups, crafts and other activities.
- Holiday Parties: Holiday parties celebrate Valentines’ Day, the Fourth of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas and Hanukkah. Residents and friends often organize other celebrations, which have included a Mother’s Day tea and Hawaiian luau.
- Town Hall Meeting: Residents exercise their autonomy at this monthly meeting, voting on everything from what movie to see or store they’d like to visit, to community issues or concerns. Active participation is encouraged.
- Movies, Musicals and Theatre: Staff-chaperoned outings to local theaters monthly or as requested by residents. Residents pay for their own tickets, often discounted for seniors or groups.
Other services provided on-site at additional cost for the convenience of our residents:
- Nail services
- Salon services